Kaseburg (Karsibor district of Swinemuende)

When the Kaiserfahrt - a channel between the Swina river and the Lagoon of Szczecin - was completed after six years of construction in 1880, Kaseburg was isolated from the island of Usedom. A new island was created, which caused considerable disadvantages for the inhabitants of Kaseburg with regard to traffic. On the other hand, large ships could now continue their passage from Swinemünde to Stettin more easily.

View of Karsibor.
The "Marina" in Kaseburg. You can dine in an excellent restaurant directly at the old Swina river. There are also bungalows (including a boat) to rent. View of Kaseburg.
This ferry crosses the Swina river right at the fork of the old Swina river and the Kaiserfahrt navigation channel.
The former submarine base near Kaseburg - a remnant of the war.
On the right: The church of Kaseburg. The present appearance of the church was designed by Schinkel. In 1630, Gustav Adolph, the King of Sweden, went ashore with a small but powerful infantry unit near Peenemünde and advanced to the mouth of the Swina river within a few days. Before proceeding to Wollin, he stopped in Kaseburg, where he spent the night in the house of the priest and had his breakfast beneath the old chestnut trees. The imperial troops - led by Wallenstein - who had plundered Pomerania previously, withdrew quickly. Although troop movements did not stop, the Swedish acted in a more disciplined manner and treated the territory (which they already considered their property despite protests from Brandenburg) with more care.